Databricks is seeking a passionate leader with in-depth SAAS knowledge and a strong customer-centric mindset to lead our contract review and support cycle. This high visibility position, reporting to our Director of Revenue, will play a pivotal role in supporting Databricks’ strong growth and driving a scalable and efficient operation. With direction from the Director of Revenue and others, you will partner with Sales, Deal Desk, and Legal on deal structure to ensure revenue recognition and financial reporting goals are met.
The impact you will have:
- Proactively support the deal review cycle and ensure proper application of ASC 606 and related GAAP pronouncements to customer contracts.
- Design and implement control activities within the deal review cycle.
- Support the implementation, rollout, and continuing enhancement of CPQ.
- Review and propose updates to contract templates and structures to support go-to-market objectives while ensuring financial reporting goals are met.
- Review press releases from a revenue recognition perspective.
- Build strong relationships with business partnerships cross functionally and internationally.
- Support the rollout of new products and services in line with the Company’s financial reporting objectives.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 9+ years of combined experience in public accounting and in a corporate revenue accounting role.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience with current revenue recognition guidance for enterprise software and SAAS arrangements (“ASC 606”).
- Deal review and operational accounting experience in a growing SAAS technology business.
- Experience performing control activities in the quote-to-cash process e.g. review and approval documentation, deal checklist, etc
- Experience using Netsuite and Salesforce preferred.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)