$80K — $100K *
This position is responsible for providing client service to our partners, intermediaries and plan sponsors. The Client Services Consultant will demonstrate their thorough knowledge of retirement plans and Ascensus products and services by providing solutions to complex plan issues and delivering consultative service to help clients manage their retirement plans. The Client Services Consultant works with the Relationship Manager to deliver client satisfaction by providing retirement plan and operational expertise, proactively identifying, owning and resolving client issues and engaging clients with value added consulting. This position is also serving as a technical resource to the Ascensus organization and providing coaching and mentoring to other associates to ensure client expectations are met and/or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
• The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
• Consistently provide a high level of consultative client service while communicating and coordinating with clients and partners to address issues, provide necessary research and deliver creative solutions to your clients.
• Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of retirement plans and the Ascensus business.
• Coach and mentor others in all aspects of retirement plan and client relations factoring in the needs of the client and Ascensus to arrive at appropriate solutions.
• Successfully monitor and follow-up on assigned items; includes determining required action for resolution of client issues, documenting and implementing solutions as appropriate.
• Provide clients and advisors clear and concise communication regarding services, execution and resolution throughout the service cycle.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with dedicated clients and financial professionals and provide updates on product and plan initiatives.
• Participates in the management of vendor relationships on behalf of clients and partner.
• Deliver client retention by anticipating client’s needs, recommending changes or actions, in conjunction with the Relationship manager.
• Achieve individual and team goals for service levels, growth and retention for assigned book of business.
• Identify and document systematically “opportunity plans” working with Relationship Manager on a strategy to mitigate risk.
• Executing strategic plan to ensure retention and satisfaction of client and financial professional’s book of business.
• Achieve service level goals, retention and organic growth goals established for each financial partner by assessing opportunities in assigned book of business.
• Responsible for proactive communication with the client and partners regarding all components of service delivery. Solicit and share feedback with appropriate internal resources.
• Manage day to day schedule for self and team according to client needs and needs of the business.
• Apply industry knowledge to all facets of retirement operations and service.
• Ensure that our commitments to our clients are met by proactively reviewing the status of assigned plans’ periodic activity (compliance testing, 5500, quarterly statements, RMDs, etc.).
• Assess client objectives, needs and behaviors to suggest plan, product or functionality changes to improve results for our clients.
• Educate client regarding plan features, product capabilities or Ascensus functionality and process.
• Develop ideas for improvement and provide feedback/solutions to plan sponsor and financial professional to minimize risk and improve process.
• Support peers and Manager(s) by handling escalated items/calls from clients. Responsible for oversight and resolution of the escalated item.
• Coach and mentor team members and provide feedback to the team manager for performance improvement purposes.
• Develop and maintain strong internal relationships across departments and locations.
• Act in the role as the subject matter expert on specific topics as needed. Responsible for developing materials, training and assisting others across departments in these areas.
• Perform other duties and participate in or lead special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years direct client experience required, Retirement Services industry experience preferred.
• Certification or working towards certification (ASPPA, CEBS, etc.) in industry-related studies program preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise and professionally) with all levels within the Ascensus organization, as well as with our client base.
• Excellent presentation skills, business etiquette, client service skills and time management.
• Demonstrated professionalism in all aspects of the role.
• Experience with financial services systems (i.e. recordkeeping, trust, trading); and experience with plan recordkeeping and trust reconciliation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, specifically Word and Excel required, Access and PowerPoint preferred.
• Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of retirement plans, ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations, and plan documents (individually designed and prototype).
• Ability to work in a team environment to ensure common goal of providing exceptional client service.
• Act as a change agent to initiate and respond to change productively.
• Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines in a demanding environment.
• Ability to make sound business judgments concerning issues which, if mishandled, have the potential to create substantial financial and client relations liabilities for the company.
• Ability to work extended hours to meet business needs as required.
• Quality focus with attention to detail.
• Ability to lead a team and/or project successfully.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Strong project management skills.
• Handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Valid through: 2/22/2021