$80K — $100K *
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead has an opportunity for an early career Ph.D. level scientist in our Cell Line and Upstream Development group at our Oceanside facility in Southern California.
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to design and execute experiments to support cell culture process development. Additionally, the individual will act as the upstream subject matter expert on early and late stage projects as well as lead various supporting activities. Finally, the successful candidate will contribute to the overall strategy of executing external projects for the upstream group.
• Lead aspects of upstream process development and support technology transfer activities for monoclonal antibody, recombinant protein, and novel platform programs.
• Review GMP and non-GMP technical documentation (batch records, SOPs, validation protocols and reports; process characterization protocols and reports).
• Participate in cross-functional CMC teams.
• Support upstream bioprocess development activities including clone selection, technology development, media development, process optimization, and process characterization studies.
• Hands-on laboratory operations such as shake flask, bench scale bioreactor, and pilot scale cultures as well as novel culture platforms.
• Collaborate with technical operations and biologics production teams to transfer process to and support pilot scale and clinical manufacturing upstream operations.
• Contribute to written technical reports, present in group meetings, and work cross-functionally to achieve common goals.
• Manage direct reports and mentor junior group members while working in a flexible resourcing environment.
• Support internal and external manufacturing, including travel to sites (10%).
• Ph.D. and 0-5 years of experience in a relevant scientific discipline (biology, bioengineering, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering).
• Excellent communication, technical report writing, and presentation skills and aptitude for creative problem solving.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Experience in statistics and data analysis (e.g. JMP, Spotfire).
• Previous direct management experience is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Matlab or similar programming language is highly desirable.
• Familiarity with SQL databases is a plus.
Valid through: 11/25/2020
$100K — $150K
27 days ago