Parsons is seeking a Sr. Research Data Manager
to support the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) Operational Infectious Disease (OID) program. The Research Data Manager will work directly with Principle Investigators at NHRC and other designated clinical staff to ensure efficient, effective and productive functioning and reporting for Biological data and statistical reports required by the department. This position also requires a working knowledge of database programming. Responsibilities:
Responsible for designing, performing, and evaluating analysis plans and data management methods for the solution of scientific, management or business problems, with a specific focus on Clinical Data Management activities associated with FDA clinical trials and surveillance activities. Works on problems of intermediate to advanced scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Responsible for the development, focus testing and validation of clinical data management and collection tools (e.g., surveys and questionnaires, laboratory reporting forms, etc.), establishment of study-specific relational databases, overlay integration with existing laboratory networks and the generation of data libraries for all collected research data. Contributes to decisions on policies, procedures, expansion strategies and product evaluations
- Assists in development, implementation, execution and reporting of programmatic research studies through the generation of study-specific data management plans, data collection tools, development of relational databases and the development /adaptation of analytical methods commonly used in epidemiological research studies, including surveillance, case-control, prospective and clinical trial studies. Prepares regular reports on surveillance data, study progress, enrollment, adverse events, etc.
- Responsible for designing and performing analysis utilizing existing datasets including laboratory result data, military healthcare utilization data, pharmaceutical utilization records, vaccination records, and demographic datasets.
- Devises logical procedures, data flow and management methods, appropriate statistical methods, prepares flowcharts, performs coding. Conducts frequent data validity assessments and integrity checks; generating data status reports; works to resolve identified issues/errors in data.
- Provides input for documentation of new or existing programs, manuscripts or technical documents. Conducts ad hoc and established statistical analyses in support of various data requests for internal and external sources.
- Oversees the design and use of study databases, supervises database programmers, junior analysts.
- Serves as back-up to other members of the department. Assists coworkers with using software, analysis issues, and general resolution of problems.
- Requires basic programming of SQL Server and Access databases and TeleForm operational processes.
- Assist the Database Manager in maintain existing software applications and processes while developing new features to meet team needs.
- Master's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of knowledge and work experience in a clinical and/or laboratory setting
- 1-2 years of experience with data entry for human or animal subjects research in a clinical setting
- Basic knowledge using Linux.
- Moderate proficiency using SQL, Visual Basic (VB6) and Microsoft Access.
- Familiarity with relational databases is preferred.
- Experience with Teleform is not required but must be willing to learn this skill.
- US citizenship required.
- A National Agency Check will be needed for this position
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.