Job description details
* The incumbent will develop/modify/maintain/improve GIS applications used in the sales forecasting, cannibalization, market planning analysis.
* Code in Visual Basic to produce tools to be used by Real Estate Managers to make site selection decisions/analysis.
* This position will maintain demographics, geographic, and other vendor-provided databases, while building databases from internal sources to be used in all real estate decision making.
* Will produce weekly/monthly reports providing visibility to the progress of real estate deals, market research findings and analysis.
* Will produce sophisticated maps requiring the use of complex queries and labeling techniques.
* This position will perform market research related post-store opening audits to evaluate the accuracy of forecasts and cannibalization estimates.
This position assists the Office Depot in achieving two major objectives:
1) Creating, maintaining, updating, and improving various databases and systems
2) Expand existing market research capabilities to include spatial analysis to include market planning/market optimization projects.
1) Bachelor’s degree in business, geography, statistics, urban studies, or equivalent.
2) Six years of real estate strategy/research related experience. Should have a minimum of 4years of hands-on experience programming and designing GIS applications.
3) Twoyears of experience managing databases.
4) Two years experience in conducting statistical analysis.
Reference Number: 1255975