Neiman Marcus is seeking a self-motivated Senior Reporting Engineer who is analytical, technically inclined, detail-oriented, visually focused, and a self-learner. Responsible for data preparation, data visualization, reporting and discovering new business insights by utilization of advanced analytics tools and products. Interacts directly with clients to meet their business intelligence needs, so strong communication skills and experience are a necessity.
This position is a hands-on and intense role of working side by side with our end user partners to drive better analytics, reporting and competitive advantage. This person will be an integral part of the overall Enterprise Data & Analytics team, working with architects, developers, and other analysts to support the overall Neiman Marcus enterprise. This role will lead a group of on and offshore developers to deliver the highest priority data and reporting products to our business clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of Senior Reporting Engineer:
- Provide technical leadership for the development & implementation of reporting capabilities
- Work with the Product team to deliver custom reporting and analytics solutions.
- Create and review technical specifications for regarding new promotion management functionality.
- Deliver new reporting and analytics requests from initial assessment, evaluation of completeness of requirements, estimating levels of effort, design, development, and deployment.
- Perform hands-on design, development, and implementation
- Adhere to software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Provide Business Objects Universe technical guidance and oversight for the team
- Must be able to work in an agile software development environment.
- Lead solutioning utilizing all aspects of the SAP Business Objects Suite of products.
- Perform adhoc data analysis directly on various database platforms, using both custom SQL and advanced toolsets alike.
- Execute efficient data enrichment workflows including disparate data source blending, spatial context and analysis and text and social analytics
- Implement new levels of advanced analytics value for clients by moving from descriptive analysis to diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analysis
- Review design and other deliverables of junior engineers and peers
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
Qualifications/Competencies of Business Intelligence Engineer:
- Bachelors degree with emphasis on Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline.
- 6+ years of experience in the data and analytics space with an emphasis on reporting solutions
- 5+ years of RDBMS concepts with strong data analysis and SQL experience
- Must have senior level technical knowledge of the entre SAP Business Objects Reporting & Analytics Suite
- Experience building Business Objects Universes from scratch.
- Must have experience working with large datasets on an RDBMS database.
- Experience building reporting solutions on a SnowFlake Database engine is preferred.
- Experience working in an agile software development life cycle.
- Experience creating aesthetically appealing and meaningful visualizations and reports
- Significant Experience with at least one business dashboard tool preferred (Tableau, MS Power BI, Qlik, AWS Quicksight)
- Solid programming experience with data languages such as R, Python a plus
- Experience with various data modeling techniques (3NF, denormalized, STAR Schema).
- Retail experience is a plus.
- Experience working with a data warehouse platform is a plus.