Work within the Global Environmental Team to lead environmental remediation programs that are aligned with Kimberly-Clark Corporation’s sustainability goals. Provide technical leadership to the environmental consultants and external project teams that manage remediation activities. Manage the internal environmental reserve process to fund Corporate remediation projects.
- This role will report to the Global Environmental Team within the regional Supply Chain organization.
- Program manages approximately 10-15 active projects with approximately $30MM of potential financial exposure for the enterprise.
- Assure remediation program initiatives are aligned with our enterprise sustainability goals and are integrated into specific annual business unit objectives.
- Provide leadership and guidance to contractors and legal resources responsible for executing remediation projects.
- Is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert regarding federal and applicable remediation and hazardous waste regulatory requirements (CERCLA, RCRA, DOT), Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental Assessments and remediation project management.
Customers and Stakeholders:
- Global Sustainability and Environmental teams.
- Regional/business unit and sustainability personnel.
- Internal Real Estate and legal team members associated with remediation sites.
- Environmental Remediation and Superfund Reserve committee members.
- Appropriate Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations.
- K-C Procurement and Accounting teams.
- Lead program activities and strategy to achieve remediation project objectives at the lowest cost while minimizing enterprise exposure.
- Management of consultants and contractor firms in term of technical, budgetary, regulatory and scheduling requirements.
- Work with Corporate Procurement and Accounting to manage consultant contracts, P.O.s, timely invoice approval, project cost tracking, reconciliation and monthly reporting.
- Communicate with the regulatory agencies and other third-party stakeholders to effectively manage remediation project.
- Own ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the Environmental Remediation Reserves Process.
- Identify changes in national and local environmental legislation and regulations impacting K-C’s environmental remediation projects and develop internal and external networks to identify and share best practices.
- Establish priorities, seek business alignment and partner with business unit teams. Leverage relationships and influence appropriate corporate, functional, and facility team members, including Regional Sustainability Business Partners, Energy Team members, Sustainability Strategy team members and business unit EHS/Sustainability leaders, for effective execution.
- Communicate with team members and others who have a need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Ensure that his/her career development activities occur in a timely manner.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected, regardless of their individual differences. Be motivated to improve both the individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- This position requires knowledge and ability typically associated with a bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in environmental engineering or a related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in environmental remediation project management or related fields with a preference for technical remediation consulting or experience in remediation project management.
- Subject Matter Expert regarding federal and applicable remediation and hazardous waste regulatory requirements (CERCLA, RCRA, DOT), Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental Assessments and remediation project management.
- Proven ability to drive environmental remediation projects.
- Excellent presentation, communication skills and overall business acumen to be credible with global customers and end users.
- Experience in building strong working relationships and building trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to drive conclusions and insights from simple and complex problems and issues; strong numerical and verbal reasoning ability.
- Self-driven and highly motivated, with the ability to demonstrate KC behaviors and culture of accountability.
- Passion for sustainability/sustainable development and a belief in what could be; has a broad appreciation and understanding of corporate social responsibility - environmental issues, social responsibility and business management and the interrelationships of these disciplines.