Sr. Reliability Standards and Compliance (RSC) Engineer
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
The Reliability Compliance and Standards Engineer supports the Manager in the implementation and maintenance of NYPA’s program for compliance with the North American Electric Reliability Corporation’s (NERC) Reliability Standards; the Northeast Power Coordinating Council’s (NPCC) Regional Standards and Criteria; and the New York State Reliability Council’s (NYSRC) Rules. The individual will work with various departments within NYPA including; engineering, operations, corporate security, information services, training, human resources, and others toensure compliance with the applicable standards.
- Monitor NERC’s and NPCC’s Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Programs for their applicability to NYPA.
- Represent NYPA on various industry and internal committees relating to development and implementation of NERC Reliability Standards
- Recommend voting actions representing NYPA in the development of revisions to existing or new reliability standards
- Provide and coordinate assistance to internal subject matter experts with interpretations on technical reliability standards requirements and actions and processes to ensure compliance.
- Provide oversight of work assignments for lower level RSC engineers to develop their understanding of the NERC Compliance program.
- Strong knowledge of the NERC’s Reliability Standards; the Northeast Power Coordinating Council’s (NPCC) Regional Standards and Criteria; and the New York State Reliability Council (NYSRC) Rules.
- Must be aware of changes and advancements in the NERC Compliance standards and actions related to the utility industry.
- The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- BS ElectricalEngineering or related field of engineering
- New York State Professional Engineer License - Preferred
- Minimum twelve (12) years in the Electric Utility Industry