Job Summary: Responsible for system reliability and safety analysis and reporting for application in various defense electronics systems Major Responsibilities/Activities Statements:
- Program reliability engineer responsible for reliability predictions using Mil-Std-217F, creating reliability block diagrams, generating availability predictions, implementing and leading Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), establishing Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) procedures, performing Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT).
- Program safety engineer responsible for establishing safety program plans, perform safety hazard analysis using MIL-STD-882D, write Safety Assessment Reports (SARs), interfacing with customer subject matter experts (SMEs), preparing presentations/analyses/reports for government safety boards, and developing and documenting program system safety approach for program life cycle.
- Perform Hazard Analysis (Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), System Hazard Analysis (SHA), Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA), Operating and Support Hazard Analysis (O&SHA), Functional Hazard Analysis, Software Hazard Analysis)) per MIL-STD-882 and contract requirements.
- Cost account manager for Safety and Reliability efforts
- Present safety and reliability assessments to management at program reviews, design reviews and test readiness reviews.
- Assume ownership of Mustang Safety Process and Mustang Safety Training. Lead Mustang Safety committee.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements: Required Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in reliability and system safety engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ technical experience in defense technology development
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- U.S. Citizenship
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update
- Ability to obtain any additional clearances as required
- Advanced Engineering Degree
- Prior experience with DoD weapon systems
- Prior experience with DoD fuze board
- Other product integrity experience (Maintainability, Human Factors)