$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a seasoned Reliability Engineering professional, working independently. Conducts qualification tests, investigates performance variables, and compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics. Liaises with engineers in other areas to work on necessary design changes. Reviews work of less-experienced engineers in reliability testing and analysis.
• May propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
• Builds and conducts dry running of basic qualification test set ups.
• Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product performance and processes.
• Liaises closely with other project team members in the areas such as stress, manufacturing, sourcing and configuration, with respect to new designs or design changes.
• Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluates engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
• Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
• Compiles and analyzes performance reports, process control statistics, and relevant variables potentially affecting product and process.
• Includes possible development of mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
• May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Valid Through: 2019-11-7