Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Sr. Release Manager, you will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for Lincoln's IT Annuity PMO Business - including establishing and leading complex enterprise wide, cross-functional initiatives and leading different projects/programs including efforts to launch new products and services, large scale application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
- Advises and collaborates with project owners and appropriate personnel to manage project/program quality and cost.
- Analyzes assigned project and/or program plans to validate if project outcomes will meet the business needs and align/support operational plans/objectives and recommends mitigation plans.
- Collaborates effectively with management and appropriate project stakeholders on complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned projects/programs.
- Executes initiatives with an agile mindset in order to support a fast-paced application development environment while adhering to Agile and LFG’s Adaptive Framework principles.
- Develops & executes complex effective project &/or program management throughout the project development lifecycle, including but not limited to: project planning, resource planning change management and communications planning, & managing changes to scope
- Directs and delivers complex projects and/or programs conforming to project management standards and processes as designated by his/her assigned area of responsibility, including applicable change control and project management methodology.
- Ensures that the project schedule is accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes.
- Facilitates project/program communications with sponsors and other leaders/contributors.
- Identifies and resolves complex project and/or program issues to minimize delays.
- Identifies complex project/program resourcing needs and facilitates the procurement of needed hardware, software and human resources for the project.
- Identifies key cross-functional issues and project synergies; provides guidance with specific project issues.
- Monitors and evaluates assigned complex project and/or programs progress and performance against the project plan and develops complex mitigation plans.
- Serves as a mentor and shares expertise with project managers and project team members.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on project management best practice standards, templates and practices.
- Utilize influence skills to help achieve desired business outcomes.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in (Minimum Required)
- 5-7+ Years of experience in Project/Program Management that directly managing and executing application development initiatives (Required)
- Strong knowledge of Agile emerging practices, and experience using Scrum
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle as well as knowledge of both Agile delivery and traditional project management principles, practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Exceptional relationship building skills at all levels across the enterprise
- PMP (Preferred)
- CSM (Preferred) #LI-KM1