Job description details
The primary role of the Regional Senior Director Distribution is to effectively oversee multiple Distribution Center Operations, Cross Dock and/or Combo facilities that service both the Retail and Business Direct channels in the Office Depot network. Accountable for establishing, defining or supporting the strategic vision, mission and initiatives for the Office Depot Supply Chain network. Directly manages General Managers with responsibility for all 4-Wall Operations. The Regional Sr. Director ensures that internal and external customers receive the highest level of service and makes decisions to maximize the Supply Chain Network’s safety, service, quality, productivity and cost metrics. Builds a strong associate work team with a positive work environment through engagement in associate development, Lean, Continuous Process Improvement, Horizontal Teams, in partnership with Human Resources, Loss Prevention, Corporate Support Teams, Transportation and 3rd party vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or logistics management, or equivalent, MBA preferred
- More than ten years experience and/or training
- Minimum of 10 years overall management experiencerequired including multi-unit and/or Sr. Manager or GM levels preferred. Prior experience managing in large, multi-function facilities in high-volume production, inventory and transportation environments. Experience with mainframe-based warehouse management applications and PC based business tools. Experience with Lean and Six Sigma processes or other continuous improvement methodologies. Experienced with managing both full time and contingent work forces. ERP implementation experience and prior management experience a plus.
- Proven decision making capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Quality leadership, management skills/experience.
- Ability to manage and motivate managers over large populations of hourly associates.
- Ability to manage and coordinate all operating functions.
- Excellent quantitative and computer skills
Reference Number: 1242648