The Sr. Business Development Manager is responsible for growing KeHE's revenue with new accounts in an assigned DC-centric territory. The position is accountable to conceive and execute retailer-specific penetration strategies and marketing programs. Keys for success in this position include a deep knowledge of the territory and grocery business, ability to leverage relationships with retailers, brokers and other market leaders and ability to collaborate with vendors, and KeHE's internal personnel to grow new business. Accountabilities are accomplished through working cooperatively with Sales and Business Development Leadership.
- Identifies opportunities to sell KeHE services with new customers
- Leads business development activities in assigned region/channel and ensures activities are cost effective, efficient and within established budget expectations.
- Collaborates and partners with BD Leadership and other BD teammates on potential new business opportunities and leads. Collaborates and partners with BD Senior Director and other BD teammates on potential new business opportunities and leads.
- Maintains high degree of awareness of competitor's strategies and programs.
- Captures and disseminates information on new customer prospects, programs and other areas for new growth.
- Contributes to education and knowledge about what is trending in assigned region.
- Identifies and leverages region-specific trends for to enhance business development efforts.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with other KeHE employees.
- Attends professional meetings, trade shows and seminars.
- Adopts KeHE business dev. process and reporting to ensure progress and compliance.
- Evaluates internal capacity to manage projects/initiatives.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
- Maintains safe work practices.
- Maintains safeguards of confidential company information
- Partners with retailers to coordinate weekly, monthly and seasonal promotional programs.
- Sells productive portfolio to ensure retailer has the optimal product mix for their stores.
- Executes marketing programs in effort to grow sales and bring innovation to the stores.
- Educates customers on items and categories in an effort to keep them On Trend. Provide innovative merchandising programs and direction.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in sales and merchandising.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Business Development activities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a single employer.
- Minimum 3 years in Vendor negotiations
- Minimum 3 years in grocery sales either in independent natural or independent conventional grocery/chain accounts.
- Microsoft Office experiencerequired, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Understanding of category management with strong quantitative, analytical and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of and literacy in computer software, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40%.
- Strong oral and written communications skills at all organizational levels.
- Proficiency in conducting effective meetings and making clear and concise presentations.
- Strong negotiating, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Bachelor ,s degreepreferred.
- Pro Space and/or other space management software experience a plus.
- Challenger Selling - The ability to engage clients persuasively through dialogue that seeks to first teach clients something about their business that they don ,t already know, tailor KeHE capabilities to their specific situation and take control of the conversation.
- Relationship/Partner Building - The ability to establish credibility and connection leading to a desire by customers and internal contacts to pursue long-term, mutually supportive relationships.
- Financial Analysis - The ability to understand and analyze customer and KeHE financial statements and manage the financial aspects of the relationship to drive profitable growth.
- Competitive Positioning - The ability to position KeHE capabilities and offers in a competitively advantageous light.
- Sales Administration and Reporting - The ability to efficiently manage the administrative requirements of the role and develop and complete timely, accurate reports as required by management.
- Persuasion - The ability to shape how others perceive situations and induce a desired response.
- Team Orientation - Willingness and ability to work in close collaboration with others reach goals, and subordinate personnel agenda and recognition for team performance.
- Service Attitude - Drive and desire for significance through service to others.