Sr. Real Estate Operational Excellence Mgr - (3225)
The Real Estate Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for the operational excellence and performance management capabilities of SVB’s global real estate and workplace creation organization. This includes performance management, planning, developing and communication of business and workplace strategies, coordinating and managing strategic initiatives and programs, monitoring business performance, and continuous improvement efforts.
The role leads performance management frameworks and processes within the organization, including both internal and external benchmarking initiatives, key performance goals and measures in line with RE priorities. The role oversees key decision analysis capabilities, including analysis of transactions, projects metrics and operations. The role is also responsible for leading technology and communications strategy including optimization and operation of the business intelligence tools and web presence.
- Performance Management & Continuous Improvement: Leads and coordinates performance management across all Real Estate & Workplace Services capabilities including development and application of approved frameworks and benchmarking approaches. Aligns with key SVB Finance goals and develops and maintains performance metrics, scorecards and dashboards, and supports communication of results. Continue to evolve best practices throughout Real Estate & Workplace Services leveraging Six Sigma to create efficiencies and streamline delivery, to help ensure team continues to evolve model in efforts to “go pro”. Regularly supports participation in industry benchmarking or best practices, as appropriate. Conducts regular continuous improvement efforts and reports progress against targets.
- Decision Analysis & Communication Strategy: Drives key analysis and data gathering for strategic decision making on various transactions, projects or initiatives as they relate to Real Estate & Workplace Services. Supports Director of Real Estate with shaping and communicating strategy of the function and ensuring that the vision and mission are being met and appropriately communicated throughout the organization. Lead the coordination and content of regular Real Estate & Workplace Services leadership meetings, halls and coordinate updates to senior leadership. Implement change management programs and help cascade with Business Partner Relationship Managers throughout the organizations.
- IT/Systems Strategy: Drives the development of an IT strategy for Workplace Services website, partnering with SVB’s IT organization. Leads the evaluation, selection, and implementation of information technology and applications within SVB and partner organizations. Supports optimization of systems to accomplish goals/objectives and associated processes and business intelligence tools.
Education (Minimum requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, Finance or appropriate technical discipline preferred (i.e. Engineering, Decision Sciences, Operations Analysis)
- Professional registration or Master’s degree a plus
- Six Sigma training a plus
Previous Experience – Years/Type (Minimum requirements):
- 8-15 yrs. experience in strategic planning, data mining/reporting, process improvement, operations management and/or real estate in a dynamic, high volume business environment.
- Highly proficient in extracting data and creating reports, and creating presentations for Executive audience
Knowledge and Skills (Minimum requirements):
- Strong leadership experience in developing and implementing business-wide real estate strategies and programs
- Strong experience in project and program management and proven ability to leverage financial business drivers in a global business operation.
- Experience with strategic operations in a multi-location, system driven, (global operating environment a plus)
- Experience in change management particularly in the workplace and communication strategy
- Proven track record as strategic thinker and of initiating and leading major global initiatives
- Demonstrates ability to make high-level, complex decisions in a matrix organization
- Experience in managing/co-coordinating virtual individuals on projects to achieve common goals
- Possesses understanding of business strategy and projected business unit requirements for the workplace, infrastructure, real property, and facilities, including impact on the portfolio plan
- Displays proficiency implementing and managing various holistic Performance Management Frameworks
- Demonstrates ability to integrate with broader corporate frameworks and methodologies
- Possesses an understanding and experience across multiple Real Estate & Workplace Services core process areas and the associated information technology
- Experience working with various levels within organizations within large, diverse organization and understanding unique business needs
- Possesses experience with negotiations
- Displays the ability to manage and benchmark against performance
- Demonstrates knowledge organization standards and guidelines
- Possesses strong communication skills and politically savvy in influencing different customer groups
- Strong financial, technology and business acumen
- Strong communication skills leveraging the web and presentation decks.