The Sr. R&D Project Engineer supports and leads teams in the development of medical device products, including writing or verifying specifications, maintaining product process, designing fixtures, test processes, equipment, and raw materials to ensure the concepts and/or prototypes meet their requirements.
- Develop new product concepts and products.
- Engineering design and process development.
- Generate intellectual property, write invention disclosures.
- Specifies and/or directs the specification and testing of new materials and designs.
- Confers with appropriate departments, resources, and/or outside services to prepare design modifications, clarify problems and develop designs.
- Largely self-directed, capable of meeting project goals with minimal supervision
- Bachelors of Science degree in related field.
- 8-15 years related medical device experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Design and development of medical devices.
- Reading and preparing technical documentation.
- Working knowledge of standard machine shop equipment and processes and medical device manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of medical and technical development.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, and AutoCAD (Solidworks proficiency required)