Integrated Systems Group (ISG) is part of the Aerospace Defense and Marine business (AD&M) within TE’s industrial business segment, supplying customers with electronic components that include ruggedized electronic interconnect solutions.
The ISG Development Engineering team is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior R&D Product Development Engineer to work in our ISG Wire & Cable business. TE Connectivity’s Wire & Cable Development Engineering Team manages a wide variety of Wire & Cable products, including providing engineering expertise for sustaining product lines and developing new products for the global marketplace. The team works closely on projects across a variety of functional teams; working together with Product Management, Project Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, Sales and Finance to provide technical engineering support and analysis, and ensuring quality, cost and schedule commitments are upheld to our customers.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Lead the product qualification efforts for new and existing product lines. Requires a thorough understanding of specification requirements, compilation of qualification test plans, providing testing oversight and ensuring proper documentation.
- Manage product impacts due to updates and revisions to various Aerospace Specifications.
- Translate internal and external product requirements into achievable product specifications.
- Develop requirements documentation based on customer inputs, product concepts, invention disclosures, detailed tolerancing schemes, mechanical and electrical proof of concept reports, prototype samples, product testing plans, test sample preparations, and product validation testing.
- Interact with agencies in the Aerospace, Defense and Marine industry by attending committee meetings and providing technical reports and documentation.
- Manage product obsolescence and product migration activities.
- Provide product compliance oversight to REACH/ROHS requirements.
- Lead continuous improvement activities for product streamlining.
- Conduct testing and technical analysis to support new product development, techniques and/or practices with practical hands-on development and testing of new product concepts.
- Lead specific development activities as part of a larger development project by organizing Design of Experiments, manufacturing trials, testing, and collating data.
- Work closely with Lead Engineers, Project Managers and Operations to deliver new development projects into operations successfully, utilizing DFM / DFA inputs from core manufacturing team.
- Manage / prioritize engineering projects to ensure key milestones are achieved.
- Degree in Engineering or Engineering related filed. B.S./M.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering is preferred
- Prior experience working in the Aerospace Industry and familiarity with Aerospace Specifications
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in providing detailed documentation and translating into concise technical reports
- Understanding of new product development phase gate process, including data collection and documentation. Experience with project management and critical path analysis a plus.
- Ability to understand and work out complex technical solutions, including providing root-cause analysis.
- Ability to communicate, listen, and drive cross-functional teams to accelerate the product development process.
- Prior experience in LEAN methodologies a plus.
- Ability to quickly and easily shift direction and provide alternative solutions based on feedback.
- Ability to travel, if required.
- US Citizen or Perm Legal Resident Required.