Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - Caring - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Hardware R&D Engineer supporting Coronary Therapies projects within the Interventional Cardiology division. This role will utilize a variety of new and proven technologies to deliver life-changing medical devices to patients and clinicians in support of BSC's mission.
- Lead new product development teams through execution of the design control process
- Lead development and execution of electronic hardware and software system test equipment qualifications, test methods, test method validation, protocols and reports
- Lead technology integration and facilitate crisp decision making around key technical issues
- Create drawings, BOMs and other design outputs and lead packaging, labeling, manufacturing and supplier teams to transfer complex systems from development to production
- Provide clear communication to stakeholders at key technical updates
- Leverage internal/external partners as necessary to achieve project objectives
- Translate customer needs into product requirements and design specifications
- Work cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on complex projects to ensure project success
- Train and/or provide work direction to technicians and other engineers
- Solve engineering problems by analyzing the situation and recommending corrective or alternative actions
- Analyze, evaluate, and verify requirements, component performance, and systems
- Investigate, research, and select components, tools, equipment, and best practices
- In all actions, demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to all documented quality processes and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years or more experience OR Master's Degree with 3 years or more experience
- Solid medical device design control process and documentation experience
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems and accessories
- Solid drawing creation, BOM management and manufacturing/supplier transfer experience
- Ability to provide technical leadership as it relates to product and process design
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on technical inputs from multiple and varied sources
- Excellent organizational, communication, and collaboration skills
Requisition ID: 491456
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!