As a senior design engineer, you will apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad area of design assignments. While working under the general supervision of an engineering manager, you'll have significant freedom to drive projects independently. A degree of creativity and latitude is encouraged and expected. You should be familiar with a variety of the mechanical engineering field's concepts, practices, and procedures and also have a strong grasp of good design principles. Experience with electromechanical devices is a plus but not required.
CONMED has a fantastic leadership team and a great culture of collaboration. Our vision is to innovate and grow faster than ever before by providing exceptional solutions to surgeons' needs. We intend to delight our customers by empowering them with innovative products that consistently deliver exceptional patient outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated mechanical design experience
- Strong materials focus including: metals; polymers; biocomposite and bioabsorbable materials
- Experience with material testing
- Molding experience a plus
- Ability to translate and/or derive customer requirements to engineering specifications.
- Ability to plan, conduct and supervise engineering assignments involving several smaller or lower priority projects or one major project.
- Works with cross-functional teams and under minimal supervision of an engineer manager or supervisor; has some latitude for un-reviewed action.
Department Specific Responsibilities:
- Ability to write and advise others of the testing requirements.
- Ability to create and check design specifications.
- Proficient in Computer Aided Design and office software applications.
- Ability to conduct root-cause investigation and recommend corrective action for design issues in existing products.
- Facilitates team and business meetings effectively.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues as appropriate.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Coordinates engineers and technicians assigned to projects.
- Maintains liaison with various departments.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results.
- Makes changes in methods, design or equipment where necessary.
- May supervise technical individual contributors.
- Translate or develop engineering specifications based on voice of the customer input.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomaterials engineering or equivalent is required.
- Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- Eight (8)+ years product development experience. Medical device preferred