Responsible for the design and development of Getinge products. The Senior R&D Engineer applies expertise as an emerging authority in the R&D engineering discipline. Highly competent, this individual works on complex projects where solutions to problems require ingenuity and creativity. Provides technical expertise to existing products, to product development, and to product design transfer. Conceives and develops solutions to difficult analytical and design and development problems, participates in establishing system or component design and/or development objectives and writes portions of complex specifications and engineeringreports. Provides training, technical advice and guidance to lower level mechanicalengineering personnel.
- Provide direction to technicians and or product development engineers as required.
- Recommend materials, laboratory equipment and resource requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Goal oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills:
- Clear & concise documentation.
- Verbal (interact with senior staff, peers, support personnel).
- Computer Skills, including, but not limited to: MS Office and CAD/CAE tools
- Training in CAD, specifically knowledge and experience with SolidWorks
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in medical devices and medical equipment
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with polymers, metals and other materials used for medical devices
- Knowledge and Demonstrated experience with design for assembly across molded, machined and cast components.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards for materials and procedures (e.g. ASTM, ANSI, ISO).
- Knowledge and experience with phase-gate product development processes and design controls
- Ability to change the thinking or gain acceptance of others in difficult situations.
- Ability to effectively interface with management
- Ability to perform tolerance analysis on mechanical assemblies with direct experience with statistical tolerance analysis being preferred.
- Familiarity with thermal and structural analysis
- Strong technical and analytical ability
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication, ingenuity and creativity, interpersonal and management.
- Strong skills in directing and motivating others, and conflict resolution.
- BS or MSdegree and 10 years of experience, including previous experience in the design, development, and production of disposable/consumable/implantable medical devices.
- Training in CAD product data management, specifically knowledge and experience with SolidWorks Workgroup PDM and/or Enterprise PDM, or with PTC Interlink and/or PTC Windchill.
- Familiarity with production equipment used for measurement and testing
- Familiarity with production assembly equipment and processes
- Candidates with experience leading technical teams.