We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Senior Embedded Firmware Development Engineer
This opening is for a position in the Electrical Research and Development department of Sperry Drilling which is a Halliburton PSL (Product Service Line). Sperry has a complete line of downhole tools for measurement and logging while drilling (M/LWD) that are designed to withstand the most extreme drilling environments while still making laboratory grade measurements.
The candidate will be responsible for embedded firmware during new product development of from concept to commercialization. At this level the candidate may work on multiple projects including sustaining activities for existing products. The candidate will generate a road map of detailed activities from a high level specification. The candidate must be able to work independently and in a team environment, evaluate and execute tasks in a timely manner to predict and meet project deadlines.
The candidate will be responsible for developing systems that meet written specifications and requirements for functionality and performance. The candidate may also be responsible for monitoring and communicating with outside entities that are providing engineering support or performing consulting activities.
Additional responsibilities include periodic reporting of planned and completed development activities, providing estimated completion dates, and prompt reporting of issues. This includes communication with different groups including project management, immediate supervisor, mechanical and physics groups and other team members, etc. The candidate may also be required to train or mentor junior staff.
- Experience in embedded C programming on microcontrollers, and microcontrollers including coding of interfaces to external memory, and digital interfaces to other peripherals (SPI/I2C/SCI/CAN/UART)
- Experience programming using a Real Time Operating Systems, and knowledge of fundamentals of design for real time operation
- Excellent understanding of fundamental programing concepts such as abstraction, data structures, etc.
- Excellent understanding of how to work around processing, memory, I/O, timing, and other limitations associated with microcontrollers
- Experience setting up and developing against different toolchain(s) including but not limited to GCC & CCS.
- Experience using common debugging tools to troubleshoot embedded code and implement corrections
- Requires a minimum degree of BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- At least 5 years of related work experience in firmware development
Requisition Number: 49598