Recognized as innovators in the industry, Halliburton's Research and Development Engineers are responsible for designing highly specialized equipment and technologies utilized by field operations each day in locations around the world.
The conception-to-commercialization development philosophy exposes Design Engineers to all aspects of new product development including design, manufacturing, lab/field testing, commercialization, and sustaining.
To provide world-class technology to the energy industry, Halliburton designs its own leading-edge equipment. Halliburton’s Equipment Design Groups provide the following key technologies in the research, design, development, and support of its specialized well servicing equipment: Industrial Automation & Process Control, Embedded Systems, Communications, PLC, Hazardous Area Design, Power Generation and Distribution, Circuit Board Design, Electro-Mechanical Systems, Automotive-Integration, Electrical Packaging, and Systems Integration.
The primary software development role will be to develop Industrial process control systems on a Windows PC control platform running Visual C++ proprietary control software.
- Real-time operating systems
- Computer and fieldbus communications systems
- Familiarity with industrial sensors, actuators, controls etc.
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical systems to develop robust control algorithms.
- Efficiently develop control algorithms, application specific programs, and GUIs using C and Visual C++
- Interface with users/management to develop functional requirements and otherproject management activities
- Deploy new equipment including customer interface and training of operators and technicians
- Travel can be extensive at times: averages around 25%
- Develop Creative Ideas and Innovative Solutions
- New Product Development
- Equipment Design
- Product Manufacturing Support
- Lab and Full Scale Testing
- Field Testing and Deployment
- Technical Product Support
- Publish Patents and Industry Papers
- Work in a Multi-Disciplinary team environment
- Foster Relationships Through Leadership and Communication Skills