Sr. Quality Manager
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
This position will be responsible for managing, coordinating and administering all functions of the site’s Quality Management System, including receiving inspection activities, quality engineering, supplier quality management.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor QA Department, consisting of quality engineers, receiving inspection, and QC personnel
- Be an outspoken advocate for Quality First throughout the plant
- Expediently and effectively communicate with customers on quality escapes, visits, escalations, etc.
- Maintain and improve the site QMS (including NCR and CAPA system, internal audit, training, etc.)
- Maintain the site QMS compliance with Aerospace AS9100:2016 and ISO14001 Environmental Program Registrations by coordinating and responding to site certification audits
- Responsible for ensuring effective quality planning (including PFMEAs, process flows and control plans) for NPI and production parts.
- Develop additional sources of quality data and track and report key Quality-related performance indicators (KPIs), including first pass yield, scrap, product return rates, etc.
- Manage and improve supplier quality
- Be an advocate for lean and six sigma manufacturing principles and drive continuous improvement.
- Drive cross functional projects with manufacturing, supply chain, and engineering, to verify and validate existing manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Participate in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) reviews with engineering
- Address customer escapes by driving cross-functional teams to develop and implement corrective actions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline required
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in quality engineering or related area in a manufacturing environment in a leadership role.
- Experience with reading and interpreting GD&T requirements required
- Detailed knowledge and hands on experience with quality tools including process flowcharts, FMEA’s, control plans, CAPA, RCCA and 8D required
- Experience in SMT processing and associated IPC workmanship requirements is required.
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies including statistical analysis techniques (Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control (SPC), etc) preferred.
- Experience with machining and system integration/assembly preferred
- Experience with CMMs and AOI inspection systems is a plus
- Certified Green or Black belt a plus
- Internal audit experience is required
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google docs product suite required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- ASQ certifications in QE, RE, QM is a plus