Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries—such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It’s not just a job. It’s a career and a path to the future. You’ll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
- Supervise and schedule all Final Inspection and Lab and testing activities in order to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Design and prepare procedures to support Quality operations.
- Maintain effective operations selection, development, training and motivation of personnel.
- Coordinate and conduct customer and accreditation audits of the Quality operations.
- Ensure that Gage calibration system is effective and complies with company operating procedures.
- Ensure that testing operations are performed within guidelines of customer and national accreditation requirements.
- Maintain a record and documentation system for testing and calibration that complies with both Alcoa Fastening Systems and customer accreditation requirements.
- Maintenance of all necessary requirements of the ISO9000:2000/AS9100 approved system
- Management of external quality and special process audits assuring a high level of performance as exhibited by audit results. This includes preparation of necessary documentation to support an international customer base and the processing of ITAR forms
- Enhance and implement effective measurement on quality performance with specific focus on customer complaints and product consistency
- Enhance and implement the internal audit system and associated corrective actions
- Manage and improve the non conforming material review and control process
- Provide technical assistance to Manufacturing, Engineering and other support departments on Inspection procedures and operations.
- Participate in the performance of customer and Industry accreditation audits of testing and calibration issues.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine documentation. Ability to speak clearly and effectively with Managers, Supervisors and Coworkers.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – experience with ERP systems; proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 10 years of Quality Assurance experience in manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years of management/supervisory experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor’s Degree is in Engineering, from an accredited institution
- Experience with Aerospace product and process specifications and requirements; will consider automotive or other regulated industry Quality experience.
- Experience with the use of shop measuring instruments (micrometer, calipers, comparator, etc.)
- Experience working with NADCAP and AS9100 requirements strongly preferred
- Experience with Fastener testing equipment and practices, including tensile, shear and vibration testing, also must have knowledge of metallurgical evaluation procedures.
- Experience with mechanicalinspection equipment such as micrometers, optical comparators, hardness testers, and torque testers.
- Basic knowledge of all inspection measuring and testing equipment, of SPC methods.
- Quality Engineering certification (ASQ CQE, CQA).