Thought leader for the software Sr. Quality Engineering Analyst program by collaborating with product teams to understand business requirements and project goals, identify appropriate automated testing solutions, manage work intake, prioritization, communication, and delivery.
- Works with Product Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects
- Develop high level test strategies based on epic definition and feature design that includes the strategies for both automated testing (incorporating component, functional, negative, security, regression, and end-to-end testing) and manual exploratory testing
- Manage the triage, prioritization, resolution, automation, and delivery of fixes for defects, including production defects
- Leads the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Leads the effort to establish a KPI practice to measure effectiveness of the development organization including specific measures for the QA team
- Define and evangelize test automation best practices and designs, define and document test automation principles and standards, including test-driven development
- Build credibility, authority and trust. Promote transparency. Manage expectations and deliverables within the Agile framework. Represent the team effectively by keeping things realistic. Avoid slippage. Mitigate risk and propose course changes to deliver against commitments.
- Raise red flags and facilitate dialogue that transforms “issues” into actionable plans, when the critical deliverables are at risk of impacting a given sprint, or the overall timeline commitment
6+ years experience in software and/or program testing.
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, including expertise with automation testing in SDLC Agile environment
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with creating automated test scripts
- 5+ years of experience with formal change management processes and tools.
- 5+ years of experience with formal configuration management processes and tools.
- 5+ years of testing experience with web based applications and J2EE
- Experience with Jira, Selenium, manual & automated testing
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software testing solutions and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Experience in relational database technologies and SQL query writing
- Knowledge of and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, help the organization pivot when necessary and propose and manage process improvement opportunities.
- Experience in architecting, implementing solutions/frameworks to effectively transition testing to the cloud.
- Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance Methodologies.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Healthcare background a plus.
- Performance (LoadRunner) and security test experience a plus
- Familiarity with C++, Java, EDW and HTML programming languages.
- Familiarity with SAFE Agile, UML, Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and XML
- Understanding of Performance Testing.
- Understanding of UML diagrams artifacts.
Education and Training
BS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent work experience.