Tracking Code 179342-846Job Description
Engineer, Quality is responsible for providing technical support to all areas of the Plant in assessment, implementation, and maintenance of quality systems that meet or exceed TS16949 standards, problem solving, both basic and advanced and is a liaison to the customer on new product, product/process change and reported problems/issues. May also be a technical subject matter expert in areas such as materials engineering, statistics and advanced product quality planning.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. Responsible for APQP activities and pre-production approval process (PPAP).
- Devises sampling procedures and designs.
- Develops documentation and instructions for recording, evaluating, quality, and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Reviews quality trends. Assists in identifying root causes of problem, institutes corrective actions, and verifies effectiveness.
- Participates in the decision making process for material disposition.
- Possesses process, product, or testing/inspection knowledge to be considered a subject matter expert that supports manufacturing.
- Interacts with customers and supplier representatives on quality issues.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Works well with people and teams and can be a change agent to lead and evolve a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Welding Engineering
- Working Experience with AIAG advanced quality planning (APQP), failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), PPAP, TS16949, PSO, internal auditing, and structured problem solving is desired
- Manufacturing experience required