As a Sr. Quality Engineer in Gogo’s Quality Organization, you will be an influential key stakeholder driving software quality across the organization, as well as driving production issues to closure. You will gain system level knowledge on Gogo’s IFE/IFC/IPTV platforms. You will provide updates on production issues to the executive team with clearly defined fix plans. This is a highly visible position across multiple teams as well as with our airline partners. In addition, this candidate will implement quality engineering processes, drive root rause analysis and hold responsible teams accountable for corrective actions plans. Must have a partnership building personality to bring other teams to the table for active engagement on outlining quick solutions, and minimizing airline impacts.
Candidates should be eager to learn and have a passion to collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Be strong leader on identifying and collecting production issues (software, operational, procedural, diagnostics, configurations, customer complaints, maintenance, etc.), articulating risk assessment and driving escalations for getting fix plans ready on airline issues
- Provide executive summary of issues with clearly defined action plans for responsible teams
- Remove obstacles working with cross functional teams to resolve issues and minimize service downtime
- Enforce established defect severity definitions and support assigning accurate severity and impact for each defect
- Define KPIs (mean time to fix, number of defects/feature, etc) for measuring production defects and establish metrics for defects containment
- Generate OKRs (objectives and key results) for each quarter and create action plans for meeting them.
- Be a quality voice to customer feedback, customer technical and production issues, airline survey results, and software roadmap reviews
- Responsible for driving root cause analysis, communicate issues across organizations and ensure changes are made in accordance with process and risk guidelines
- Manage a continuous process improvement activity working withinternal and external teams
- Provide feedback to vendors and airline partners regarding Gogo systems and provide solutions needed for continuous improvement
- Focus on capability and airline release criteria
- Establish close loop process on production issues with corrective action plans
- Identify improvement opportunities based on KPIs and create improvement plans
- Fly new airline Alpha/Beta flights, collect test data points and drives risk readiness reviews
- Drive defect management decisions and improvements
- Triage and fix necessary manuals, scripts, procedures, SW, SB (Preferably Python scripting)
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience as a Quality or Software Engineer at leadership level; solid understanding of SDLC/STLC and product life cycle
- An analytical, detail-oriented mind, as well as strong verbal / written skills
- Strong quality and project management as well as technical presentation skills required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex problems
- Mindset of continuous improvements using leanSix Sigma practices; critical thinking skills a must
- Ability to travel domestic and Internationally (5-10%)
- Ability to lead team members when required
- DO-178C, AS9100/9115 (line-fit process), aircraft OEMs and airline maintenance experience is a plus
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.