Reporting to the Manager of Quality Engineering, works with occasional supervision and from broad guidelines and objectives, the primary duty of this position is to provide a wide variety of field data analysis and process improvement activities to internal and external customers. The fast-paced environment allows the opportunity to implement new, innovative solutions both within the quality team and company-wide. As part of working for Milwaukee Tool, you will assist in the launch of many new, exciting products which deliver unique solutions to our end-users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, develop and revise Quality Policies, Procedures, System Instructions, Process Control Plans and Work Instructions.
- Lead and analyze field data. Identify and implement expanded opportunities in data collection.
- Lead root cause analysis activities related to electronics to a component level.
- Conceive, plan, organize and coordinate all phases of assigned special projects to improve efficiencies, simplify workflow and reduce costs.
- Apply statistical methods such as gauge R & R, design of experiments and statistical process control to quality related issues.
- Help manage and create corrective action plans used in the corporate office to ensure timely root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventive action.
- Perform process and quality system audits to ensure compliance to specifications and documented procedures.
- Determine acceptance quality levels by means of random sampling techniques, where feasible.
- Maintain a current knowledge of:
- The latest gauging methods, procedures and software and introduce them into the company where appropriate.
- The latest drawing and test specification standards (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, etc.)
- Statisical process control and AQL sampling methodologies
- The structure and workings of the Milwaukee Quality System and all certifying agency requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, EE preferred
- Background in Quality systems
- 5-10 years electronics experience
- Knowledge of firmware agile development practices and/or verification of embedded firmware functionality a plus.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time (domestic and international)