The Sr. Engineer - Quality supports the required processes (i.e. Lens Molding/Frame Molding/Paint/Assembly) involved in the manufacturing of components to be used in the Finish goods
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive to resolve, prevent and/or reduce NCMR/ExCo (Extra Consumption) in the Production areas using an Engineering approach to analyze the data in a timely manner and detect opportunities to improve.
- Supports Production areas (i.e. Lens Molding/Frame Molding/Paint/Assembly) from start to finish.
- Works effectively and collaboratively with others within the department and outside of it.
- Active participation on the yearly Budget activities to reduce ExCo (Extra Consumption)
- Lead Corrective/ Preventive Actions using appropriate root cause methodology to address quality issues.
- Responsible for the daily and weekly timely gathering, analyzing and publishing of KPI metrics specific to the working production areas to be used at +SQIDP, Weekly KPI and LDDS daily meetings.
- Timely attendance and active participation in SQIDP and weekly KPI meetings.
- Builds expertise and ownership that can then be translated into improving ‘first pass yield’.
- Acts as part of a team that prevents defects, makes processes robust, and clearly communicates with cross functional groups.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for quality, in the assigned manufacturing areas. Act in a professional and respectful manner.
- Works safely and maintains a safe, organized and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Reports safety hazards and work-related injuries to supervisor or area Manager immediately.
- Coach and mentor other team members within the Department (i.e. Quality Tech, Engineer).
- BS Degree in an Engineering field.
- 5+ years in Manufacturing Quality Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply Statistical Quality Tools (i.e MSA, Cpk, SPC, Sampling Plans, Control Plans)
- Ability to use systematic approach for Root Cause Analysis
- Leadership & Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use data systems (Excel, SAP, Minitab)
- Ability to develop, coach and manage direct/indirect personnel if required.
- ASQ CQE Certification (Desirable)
- Green Belt / Six Sigma Certification
- Master’s Degree
- Lean Tools
- Quality Systems (ISO 9001)
- Project Management