Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The Sr. Quality Engineer is particularly responsible for assisting in the management of nonconforming materials, corrective actions, maintaining & creating Quality Policies and Procedures, mathematical analysis and capability support for statistical process and quality control, Document Control approvals, internal and customer quality audits. Work with Lab to determine product conformity. Additionally, the Sr. Quality Engineer may be involved in Raw Material changes, Product Development, ADP Qualification Process, Supplier Quality Assurance and the initiation and control of changes to Customer Process Control.
What we offer
- Support Customer Complaint Management System (CCMS) - Guides, directs and determines root cause and corrective actions for continuous improvement. The Quality Engineer typically deals directly with product related issues and business systems related issues. Included in this activity is the regular reporting of defect analysis and proposed solutions for preventative action.
- Lead problem solving activities to troubleshoot and resolve the customer complaints, internal product/process failures, equipment malfunctions and other plant support issues.
- Work with Process Engineering to design and perform experiments to optimize existing and new processes.
- Determines impacted products/specifications during Management of Change (MOC) process; identify sales and customers of impacted products;
- Drafts customer change notification and assists with specification changes;
- Guides, directs and determines root cause and corrective actions for continuous improvement, including regular reporting of defect analysis and proposed solutions for preventative action.
- Communication with Customers in resolution of issues and problems and Customer audits, as they are assigned. Lead/support assigned quality systems and designated customer requests – audit, Process Control Documents (PCD’s), complaints etc.
- Team player – Be a committed, collaborative, dependable, reliable, and enthusiastic problem solver.
- Process owner for NCMR. Set up the MRB meeting for review of all discrepant material which include Material Review Board Activities and Feasibility Review to meet Customer Specific Requirements as needed.
- Work withpartnering withother manufacturing and engineering departments to implement quality improvement projects.
- Responsible for the generating reports as required.
- Assist with quality projects and assignments as required by the Quality Manager.
Who we are looking for
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineeringpreferred (otherengineering majors with chemical manufacturing experience can be considered).
- 7+ years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive or closely related industry. Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem solving skills; Six Sigma or statistical experiencepreferred.
- Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to lead and coordinate efforts between various functional groups to address customer requirements and requests, and to complete projects related to the achievement of established quality improvement objectives.
- Able to indirectly manage and mentor team members; demonstrated leadership skills
- Formal certification such as Lean/ CQE/ SSBB preferred. Understanding of ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements, with practical application preferred.
- Well versed with FMEA, Control plan, and PPAP.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and proficient in use of SAP, with particular knowledge of the Quality Module.