Who we are and what we do:
Pace Industries is North America?s leading full-service die casting manufacturer. Our mission is to provide uncommon, creative die casting and support solutions that contribute to the success of our customers. Our die cast parts are used in automobiles, motorcycles, generators, snow mobiles, lawn mowers, washing machines, power hand tools, BBQ grills, commercial lighting and many other well-known products. You can have a significant impact on our cultural transformation.
The Harrison Division started as a small die caster in the mid-1960?s serving a variety of niche markets. Since then, we have become a recognized industry leader in thin-wall die castings while also serving more traditional die casting applications. With more than 600,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehouse space, we have the size and capability to serve a wide variety of customer needs.
Supports the Business Unit Production and Product Launch efforts in meeting customers? requirements for precisely fabricated components, including production machines, tooling and solutions to fabrication and machining problems. Direct and contribute to the concept, development and design of complex engineering processes. Perform as engineering resource/expert to operating units. Quality Assurance functions throughout the value stream management system. Work closely with customers and assigned value streams to introduce new products, reduce waste and eliminate process/product issues. Implement quality assurance procedures, policies, systems and methods to assure the quality requirements of customers are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee multiple capital projects simultaneously from inception through completion.
- Coordinate and develop clear project scopes and cost estimates in conjunction with proper teams.
- Communicate effectively with operations, quality, technical services, marketing and otherinternal teams to ensure project design and layout is acceptable and timelines are met.
- Create and read process and instrumentation drawings for projects.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Aid the operations group as directed in the area of repairs and maintenance costs and preventative maintenance programs.
- Assist and provide technical support in the area of energy savings and effluent reduction with the plants.
- Provide awareness of new equipment and processes in order to reduce costs within the operation. Enforce the Company?s policies and programs with contractors and vendors.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Design and modify machines, tooling and control systems used to manufacture components and assemblies
- Redesign, repair and replace in-process production equipment and production control hardware
- Develop process, method, tooling and controls for new product programs, oversee pre-production trials, machine run outs and assembly of equipment
- Set up new equipment, evaluate cell layouts, ensure satisfactory operation and instruct production cell employees on equipment operation
- Write procedures for the operations of new and existing equipment
- Stay current on new manufacturing technology and equipment and investigate the potential applications.
- Recommend automation and mechanization of assembly and casting processes
- Work with production cell employees to incorporate cost savings or throughput improvements in cells
- Review manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness and feasibility as well as coordinate engineering release and changes
- Utilize lean manufacturing principles and participate in activities to improve process capability and reduce overall costs and increase capacity.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in the automotive industry and lean manufacturing is a plus.
- Must have statistical aptitude and understand concepts of geometric dimensioning and tolerance and knowledge of problem solving techniques.
- Personal computer skills are required, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Engineering/project management experience within industry.
- Strong knowledge and experience of electrical controls and systems.
- Must be willing to travel.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.