Position: Senior Quality Engineer, Gigafactory
· The successful candidate for this position must have a broad technical background with the ability to work with engineering, manufacturing, service, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside.
· Development of manufacturing requirements, quality standards, and product quality plans to assure products will meet expectations of our target customers.
· Deployment of manufacturing level requirements to subsystems, assemblies & components to assure clear focus on design and customer needs.
· Identification of critical requirements to assure proper supplier and production focus on critical needs.
· Leading development of FMEAs (Design & Process) for development teams to identify and address critical risks.
· Support development of manufacturing equipment, controls and test plans to address risks identified in FMEA.
· Participate in design reviews to assure product subsystem quality, manufacturability, reliability, etc.
· Assist development with statistical tolerancing, Monte Carlo analysis and other methods to investigate the effects of part and process variability on system performance.
· Support process capability analyses to investigate the ability of suppliers and production processes to meet defined specifications and quality standards.
· Design effective experiments through DOE or other methods to support design teams in the investigation of various alternatives or in design validation testing.
· Manage and facilitate the root cause & corrective actions system through tracking and validation of issues and support in root cause analysis through facilitating brainstorming, use of lean methodologies, hypothesis testing, the design of experiments, etc.
· Bachelor of Science in Electric, Mechanical, Materials, Industrial Engineering, or evidence of exceptional experience in related fields.
· MS degree in engineering and Six Sigma certification are preferred.
· A minimum of 6+ years of experience.
· Specific training and demonstrated success in applying design for quality and problem-solving methodologies, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.
· Strong background and demonstrated success applying statistical methods.
· Minitab, JMP or other statistical software capabilities are preferred.
· Data mining and database (e.g. MySQL) experience.
· Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.