The Quality Engineering team is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer with specialization in Firmware Testing. As a member of the Quality Engineering team, the Senior QE Engineer will work closely with members of the QE, Product Management and Development teams to define the test strategy, test plan and test case that ensure that all Crestron products respond gracefully to all types of network impairments. Understanding the business, technical, and operational requirements will be key to building an efficient test strategy and plan. Ultimately, the Senior QE Engineer is responsible for delivering high quality product and demonstrating the same via defined metrics.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Own the quality of Crestron Electronics products from Network (wired and wireless) perspective. This means that all Crestron Electronics products perform robustly and gracefully under all kinds of dynamically changing network conditions.
- Create, maintain and execute test programs.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities
- Design, develop and execute manual and automation test cases.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new network testing tools and network test strategies
- Provide process improvement recommendations.
- Special projects as assigned
- Review Product Requirements, Architecture, Implementation and Deployments to identify, assess and test Threat Vectors
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Apply industry standard analysis and test criteria
- Deliver technical reports and formal papers on test findings
- Possesses and applies knowledge of Networking principles and practices.
- Experience with C# programming language
- Experience with testing electronic hardware
- Thorough understanding of test processes and test methodologies.
- Experience with Network protocol test in various networking scenarios.
- Demonstrated experience in networking protocol standards including: - L2 protocols - VLAN, STP, RSTP, IGMP Snooping, - L3 protocols - RIP, OSPF, BGP, IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Multicast - 1/10Gb Ethernet - SNMP.
- Experience with tools including one or more of the following: Wireshark, IXIA and/or Spirent.
- Experience working with Bacnet networks and devices
- Experience with developing and automating vulnerability assessment and penetration testing.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and timelines
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Excellent team player with a consistently positive attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving, options analysis and continuous improvement of process, team and systems.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical/Electronic or Computer science.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Network testing involving firmware and hardware testing.
- 5+ Experience in electricalengineering hardware testing
- 5+ Experience with any object oriented programming language (C#, JAVA, C++)
- Commitment to product excellence and quality
- Experience with defect tracking systems, test management systems and software revision control.
- Experience in providing and presenting project status reports through the development cycle
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Team oriented; strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in audio and video testing is a plus
- Experience with Bacnet networks is a plus.
Job ID 2017-5071