Our Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions' brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We're known for low volume and high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cybersecurity, signals intelligence and more. We can't tell you much more about what we do, but we can tell you it's amazing.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
- Responsible for identification and implementation of Quality System Improvements and Maintenance.
- Develop and provide necessary Quality System training to the organization
- Develop and report Key Process Indicators (KPI) to assess the effectiveness of the Quality System
- Conduct internal audits, including creating audit reports, closing out audit findings, and determining proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Maintain Quality System procedures and work instructions
- Drive structured problem solving across the business unit to ensure corrective action effectiveness
- Participate in nonconformance investigations and ensure implementation and effectiveness of subsequent corrective and preventive actions
- Participate in project reviews emphasizing process and product requirements compliance
- Perform other responsibilities within the quality function commensurate with individual skill set
- Working knowledge of ISO9001:2015 and/or associated quality systems (e.g. TS 16949, AS9100)
- Experience in overall quality system architecture and design
- Experience in applying/facilitating enterprise and process level risk management techniques
- Proficiency in understanding and applying quality tools (e.g. FMEA, Structured Problem Solving)
- Skilled in the application of statistical methods (e.g. comparative analysis, ANOVA, sampling plans).
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- ASQ certification (e.g. Quality Auditing, Quality Engineering, SSGB/SSBB) a plus
**Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain the necessary security clearance as required by government contract**
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field
5+ years of quality engineering experience
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain the necessary security clearance as required by government contract.