Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is a leadership position responsible for overseeing day-to-day testing and certification of software solutions developed ModivCare as well as conducting hands on test design, execution and reporting. While a member of the Quality Assurance Engineering Team reporting to the QA Engineering Director, the position is also a member of and leader within a broader agile technical team including developers, product and project managers.
- The role will work closely with the team to confirm the requirements are fully defined and meet business needs and participate in the design of technical solutions.
- The role will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to test and certify the technical deliverables using a repeatable SDLC that ensures both quality and efficiency.
- The ideal candidate is adept at requirements review (functional completeness, testability, compatibility, performance/load, reliability, accessibility, non-functional requirements, etc), test planning, test case design, test environment management, test data creation, test execution (both manual and automated for GUI, API, DB and mobile), defect reporting/management and test results reporting including metrics.
- Verify that the system under test meets all requirements (including creating a requirements traceability matrix) and company standards. The Engineer will document all test results (audits are possible) and create test summary reports and metrics.
- Must anticipate potential program quality/release problems, escalate as necessary, propose solutions, enact agreed corrective/mitigating actions and monitor as well we report on effects/progress.
- The Senior QA Engineer is a quality engineering subject matter expert and technical expert who mentors and leads other software quality assurance team members. The Senior QA engineer will help implement quality initiatives approved by the QA Director as well as implement organizational initiatives as set forth by leadership. The Senior QA engineer must monitor employees to ensure that employees follow defined standards, troubleshoot issues, resolve questions regarding usage of QA tools and appropriately apply test rigors to verify quality deliverables resulting no/few Production issues and on schedule delivery. The ideal candidate will also have experience defining target QA metrics, establishing efficient means to capture source data, review/report resulting metrics, identify trends and propose improvement initiatives.
- The Senior QA Engineer must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- The Senior QA ensures all documentation is properly documented and understood; including, but not limited to, ensuring defect details including steps to recreate are clearly documented, maintaining the suite of test cases and clear test results reporting (including gathering of test metrics).
- The Senior QA engineer will be required to quickly understand complex concepts and information as well as educate others on such concepts to ensure their mutual understanding.
- Furthermore, the Engineer will work with developers to troubleshoot issues and recreate/resolve defects as needed. In support of all SDLC life cycle phases, the Engineer must work with customers, trading partners, business analysts, software and integration developers, project managers and computer operator technicians.
- The Engineer will also help maintain test environments including configuration management, coordinating deploys and creating test data.
- The Quality Assurance Engineer must have a sense of urgency, attention to detail (as well as big picture view), work well with others, be very organized, ability to multi-task quality focused, excellent communicator (both written and verbal), be responsive to all stakeholders, quality driven as well as operate efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of both the technical and functional aspects of the business applications and product functionality to lead in the development, implementation, and evaluation of test strategies.
- Analyze documented requirements to ensure accuracy and completeness as well as testability, compatibility, performance/load, reliability, accessibility, non-functional requirements, etc).
- Formulate and document test plans, test cases and test summary reports/metrics.
- Senior QA engineer hands on test execution (both manual and automated) for GUI (web, client/server, mobile - Android & iOS), API, database, performance/load, compatibility, usability, accessibility and reliability.
- Adhere and ensure compliance with company and quality standards/best practices.
- Identify, document and facilitate the resolution/troubleshooting/recreating of defects.
- Manage test environment including test data creation, configuration management and deployment coordination.
- Drive quality and lead the implementation of company automated test frameworks and solutions within assigned agile team as well as the greater organization.
- Define, manage and meet project schedules; prioritize and work multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Define target QA metrics, establish efficient means to capture source data, review/report resulting metrics, identify trends and propose improvement initiatives.
- Mentor team members.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and quality driven.
- Work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision as well as part of a Team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment including likely process and technology changes.
- Must be detail oriented yet able to also keep in mind the big picture.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience or a similar technical degree.
- 8+ years of experience as a hands on quality assurance engineer using both manual and automated testing methods for GUIs, APIs, DBs and mobile; including successful team leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies (theory and hands-on), QA architecture, procedures, tools, documentation and best practices.
- Experienced in independently designing, planning, executing, documenting and reporting on requirement-based tests including mentoring more junior team members.
- Management and usage experience with defect tracking, configuration management, test case management, automated testing tools and load/performance test tools.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication (written & oral) skills.
- Additional technical skills required: SQL, test management tool, load/performance test tools.
- Experience successfully mentoring others, conducting test peer reviews, task assignment, progress tracking/reporting, quality advocate, hands on testing, identifying strategic improvement opportunities, creating a project plan, task breakdown activities, task estimation and executing tactical plans.
- Advanced experience partnering with IT partners, Business partners and other Stakeholders to deliver quality products on schedule.
- Additional technical skills preferred: Python, Selenium, Test Rail, gitLab, Python Django, JIRA, Zephyr, Postman, SauceLabs, .Net, JAVA, JMeter, SmartBear, DataDog.
We value our team members and realize the importance of benefits for you and your family.
ModivCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-Tax and Post --Tax Commuter and Parking Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts (retail, hotel, food, restaurants, car rental and much more!!)
Salary: $93,488 - $124,650 annually
ModivCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FL IT Jacksonville