Join us in building on AWS, for AWS!
AWS's Worldwide Revenue Operations Segmentation and Planning (WWRO S&P) team provides the technology, tools, and processes to support the rapidly growing world-wide AWS Sales organization. This includes finding inventive ways to scale the business, which will be critical for AWS to continue its incredible growth. As a member of the S&P team, you will shape the AWS business's direction as a whole. You will build greenfield solutions from the ground up while using native AWS services and frameworks. The right candidate will have a robust system delivery background, well-rounded technical knowledge, and demonstrated experience working on large scale projects. The candidate must be customer-obsessed, have strong analytical and communication skills, and passionate about learning new technologies.
You will work with software development engineers to understand features and technical implementation. You will also work with groups such as product management, UX designers to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. You will develop automated tests to help fasten testing cycles and release faster to our customers. In this role, you will be responsible to deliver manual/automated solutions to test customer facing features.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience working as a QAE, SDET or automation engineer
• 4+ years of experience doing hands-on with test automation
• Experience with creating and maintaining automated tests within an existing framework, such as Jasmine and Selenium
• Master's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role. Experience in UI testing Experience in agile/scrum software development methodologies is a plus.
• Practical coding experience with automated web testing tools, services, and physical devices.
• Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
• Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impact and understand business requirements.
• Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with Development Engineering and other functions
• Demonstrated leadership on emerging quality assurance methodologies and best practices.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Valid through: 11/19/2021