Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
Less than 5 years experience •
Job Summary:The Senior QA Analyst will be responsible for requirements review, script writing, testing, providing demos to business users, and defect detection/write-up/tracking. In addition, they will also be responsible for knowing business processes, providing assistance during the release cycle and transition between responsibilities. They will apply their understanding of the software development life cycle and Quality Assurance processes to maintain a high standard of quality for our software products.
- Provide demos to the business owners on new applications and application changes
- Review requirements and scope documents to determine the needs of the business
- Ensure test scripts are aligned to the requirements requested.
- Set up test scenarios (ie: data/environments components needed for desired testing outcome)
- Identify and/ document defects found through test cycles
- Identify show stopper defects vs. low-impacting to ensure testing processes move forward
- Clearly communicate project statuses to QA manager, dev managers, and business owners
- Provide artifacts needed for training
- Develop and execute manual test plans and script for both web and mobile applications with verification of data using
- SQL queries – responsible for all supporting documentation
- · Facilitate and participate in release/project planning meetings including but not limited to Sprint Planning, Daily
- Provide assistance as needed for Product Support via SalesForce
- Report/document results and defects in tracking tool.
knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working understanding of SDLC Release Management, business and system processes
- Must be able to multi-task with excellent attention to detail
- Effective time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluent knowledge of Google (spreadsheets, doc, forms, slides)
- Fluent knowledge of using Windows operating systems (2000, NT, etc…)
- Fluent knowledge of the Internet and Internet browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc…)
- Fluent knowledge of writing basic SQL queries
- Demonstrate solid listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Defect Management Experience
- Effectively work in a collaborative team environment
- Takes initiative to help others through sharing knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (desired)
Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in the area QA, UAT, and release coordination and management
- Training on QA procedures or software development desired
- BS/BA in Computer science desired