The Sr. Quality Analyst role applies black-box and grey-box testing, utilizing data and automated testing to identify bugs as early as possible in the development cycle. They review designs to make sure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates and review designs for “fun”. This requires strong test strategies and experience which challenge the software to ensure a very high level of quality (Functional, Reliable, Usable and High Performance).
- Risk analysis of new features and iterations - assessing scope size and effort needed to properly test feature/iteration
- Continuous Test Planning and execution with agile test practices
- Debugging support, log capture, tinkering with technologies
- Contributing new ways to answer old questions.
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships within and across teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills and experience working in Scrum/Agile environment a plus
- Ability to take ownership of project requirements without constant supervision
- Ability to analyze personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and escalate potential improvements
- Familiarity with PC/Console hardware/software/peripheral knowledge.