Description: We’re looking for an enthusiastic, diligent Senior Quality Engineer to work with R42 team on the US Loyalty Platform. The candidate should have excellent soft skills, strong technical ability with an extensive passion to learn.
The function of the team is to drive automation and Continuous Deployment (CD), Continuous Integration (CI) across a multitude of teams by building frameworks, promoting best practices and evolving and investigating new technologies so that the test team always excogitate alongside the Engineering teams.
The position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form working relationships quickly and add value by introducing and implementing best test practices and technique.
- Lead Test Automation Strategies, Plans and Execution Artifacts with internal and external partners
- Build and leverage a deep understanding of the products and Architectures across multiple teams
- Partner with Senior Engineers and architects and analyze where Test Automation can be implemented and improved
- Enhance existing Regression packs or create new Frameworks to ensure that Unit, Component and Integration tests with CD/CID are integrated
- Work with Senior Engineers, Product Owners and Senior QA engineers to deliver target code quality
- Ability to create quality metrics which can be reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- Investigate New Open Source Technologies that could improve current frameworks and implement where appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid Understanding of test-driven development, unit, component, functional, system integration, regression, GUI, web service, and browser compatibility testing
- Experienced knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, incl Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Core knowledge of one or more of the following tools is required: Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, React JS, Jersey, Karate API, Rest Assured, Docker and J-Meter.
- Ability to work with a number of Quality scanning tools, be able to baseline and measure on-going quality metrics, and display via Dashboards and to interpret the data to drive the changes needed
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, and ISTQB - are a plus
- Experienced knowledge of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and continuous testing (CT) capabilities, including tools such as Jenkins, ARA, Rally and/or JIRA, version control such as GIT or SVN and service virtualization