Relocation package available.
Our client manufactures top products and components globally. They are hiring a Sr. QA Manager to oversee food safety and manufacturing processes for a large manufacturing plant delivering a wide range of consumer food products.
The Sr. QA Manager is the top quality assurance team member in the product life cycle. This person performs tests and inspections on a range of food products and manufacturing processes to identify defects and drive quality improvements.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
- Lean, efficient manufacturing environment.
- High degree of freedom to refine operational and manufacturing processes.
- Multiple career advancement paths.
- Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
- Culture of high quality.
- Support and funding for industry certifications and skills development.
- Company leadership is open to new ideas and expansion, including product line expansion and international markets.
- Develop and manage test plans and quality improvement program for various food products and components.
- Support high quality and safety standards within manufacturing plants and distribution.
- Manage a team of quality specialists and scientists, delivering performance reviews and training as needed.
- Assist with raw material selection and vendor management.
- Identify and analyze root cause of product failures and maintain documentation of test results. Apply statistical analysis principles to collected data.
- Test and inspect products against performance metrics. Submit documentation to management.
- Report defects and potential improvements to engineering and product teams, acting as high-level technical resource when necessary.
- Occasionally interface with customers regarding quality issues.
- Work with engineering and product teams to develop fixes for workflow problems and quality issues.
- 6+ years of QA experience in a product manufacturing environment, ideally within pharmaceuticals, beverage, or food products.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as manufacturing engineering.
- Understanding of test and inspectionprocesses, including performance testing, functional automation testing tools, and product testing.
- Knowledge of ISO 2200 and food safety regulations.
- Strong skills in:
- Documentation of test results
- Workflow and issue-tracking using a major platform (e.g. JIRA, Trello, or Asana)
- Continuous integration principles
- Proficiency with Excel and database tools.
- Good skills in teamwork, strategy, and communication.