Our QA Engineers ensure delivery of products and services of the highest quality possible to our customers. QA Engineers are responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of tool sets to augment QA and Development testing. They will also work closely with Software Engineers, Project Managers, and Customer Support to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the software technology within the organization. Analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. Create test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. Apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate software development processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in technology initiatives.
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort of QA team.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Serves as technical expert, may lead and coordinate a team on a particular project.
- Assists in the training of less experienced engineers.
- Developing, maintaining and executing test plans and test cases against software platforms
- Using automation frameworks like Selenium and Cucumber to automate test execution and integrate into delivery pipeline
- Convert existing manual tests to automation framework
- Estimating test efforts as part of an Agile team
- Analyzing and communicate test results
- Assist in tracking defects and participating in day to day QA activities
- Contribute to performance and scalability testing initiatives
- Develop specialized testing tools for use in testing our software platform
- 5-7 years’ experience in web application testing and/or development.
- 7 plus years of experience in software quality assurance engineering.
- Strong knowledge of automation frameworks and languages like Selenium, Cucumber, and Gherkin
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Built and tested software as part of a larger project that involved continuous integration and frequently delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Excellent PC skills and technically fluent in programming languages.