Our client is a successful cloud software company that is building a new cloud-based services platform that will be used by millions. This is a great time to join an already successful company, located metro-west of Boston that is building something new and exciting. They are seeking a Sr. QA Automation Engineer with Python, Cloud and Linux, to play a key role on a new team. Offering great comp, bonus, benefits etc.
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for validation of the quality, performance, resiliency, and security of our client's cloud-based services.
Duties include designing test strategies and frameworks for automation, and test planning, implementation, execution, and reporting.
The successful candidate will have significant automation test experience in large-scale distributed systems, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with product development teams, system architects, and stakeholders across the business.
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including planning, design, implementation, and execution of manual and automated tests, defect logging and verification, and reporting results
- Design and develop automation frameworks and test suites, working with Engineering, QA, System Architects, Product Owners, and others
- Understand frameworks, approaches, and test strategies used by peer teams; leverage, extend, and share wherever possible
- Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements
- Coordinate with teams across the Software and Systems Group to assure end-to-end verification of functionality across all systems components
- Consistently improve test automation infrastructure and coverage
- Champion quality throughout the development process
- Work with development teams to facilitate unit and integration tests
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years' industry experience in QA or Software Engineering
- 3+ years' experience designing, implementing, and executing automated tests
- Experience developing or testing cloud-based microservices AWS, Azure, or similar platforms
- Expertise in utilizing Python as a QA automation and test implementation language
- Experience utilizing common automation frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Comfortable engaging cross-functional partners including development teams, system architects, product management, and Support
- Familiarity with version control, bug tracking, and CI / CD systems and procedures
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems and mobile applications (iOS and Android) preferred
- Experience with cloud-based distributed applications and / or data processing in the cloud a plus
- Understanding and use of APIs in large-scale distributed systems a plus
- Experience with RESTful web services and the JSON data format a plus
- Experience with network protocols preferred