At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy.
From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading and managing the testing effort on one or more applications. Responsible for providing daily coordination of QA tasks, testing of enterprise applications on different platforms and implementation of overall testing standards established by QA-TCoE.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Manages, plans, implements, and deploys testing strategies and activities across projects and testing teams.
- Manages the implementation of cost effective and "industry best practice" quality assurance and testing solutions while retaining strong levels of quality control.
- Partners across various teams including Product Development and Software Engineering to help the quality and testing transformation.
- Leads, coordinate, and execute Quality Assurance testing activities for projects and maintenance activities through different phases of software development lifecycle.
Other Job Duties
- Assist in test data preparation and management to execute meaningful test scenarios.
- Coordinate set up of Quality Assurance testing environments required for different types of testing activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.