Responsible for helping define Business Requirements and Functional Requirements Documents. Ensures that the applications function as specified in the documented requirements, use cases, design, and other approved documentation .Responsible for testing assigned functionality and their interaction with other internal components and applications. Utilizes test tools to automate, record defects and issues, update/create test cases, and to track test case execution status. Testing for each milestone is completed on time with a high level of quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
- Write test plans and test cases in compliance with relevant organizational standards.
- Creates clearly documented defects that enable a developer to recreate the issue.
- Maintains and updates test cases, test designs, service ware, and support documentation to ensure testing and support of applications is accurate.
- Designs test plans in a manner that supports automation. Demonstrates the ability to write and execute automated test cases. Executes end-to-end functional tests and utilizes automated tests developed by others to exercise system as appropriate. Collaborates to achieve end-to-end application and business process quality.
- Acts as a ""customer advocate"" when investigating defects found in production. Provides feedback based on application knowledge and understanding of customer issues. Reviews application and project documentation to ensure it meets customer needs. Trains others on application and customer knowledge. Information, analysis and recommendations to support the product.
- Understands the business needs the product is trying to meet and applies this understanding to guide testing. Applies a comprehensive understanding of the product functions and the marketplace in which it is sold effectively test assigned applications.
- Skill set enables automation of at least 75% of test cases for existing functionality and 25% of regression testing for new functionality. This includes the execution of existing automation test scripts as well as personally writing and executing automated test scripts.
- Identifies opportunities to utilize existing test cases versus creating new test cases, identifies and shares opportunities to streamline test plans, and optimize regression testing.
- Demonstrates transferrable business analyst skills that can be utilized across the shared services organization; not limited to one specific application or area of expertise. Able to handle BA functions such as writing functional and system requirements, working with users to define and document system requirements for new implementations and enhancements, facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions, review design documentation with users and developers, prepare process and data models, prioritize system functionality based on requirements, and designing screens and reports. Work with developer upon failure of system and apply patches and fixes to current system(s).
- Ensures 100% accuracy of all test documentation within the standard test case and defect repository. Accurately reports risks and progress to leadership on reoccurring basis; providing awareness to issues as well as potential solutions.
- Executes on work plans as directed by leadership. Asks clarifying questions and is capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively with peers.
- Is an advocate on behalf of the QA organization, ensuring that all BDM requirements are met and setting QA up for success. Actively contributes to project meetings, ensuring that early consideration is given to QA requirements.
- QA is the final gatekeeper to production. All testing is focused on delivering great results the right way for our customers. This includes all testing efforts; functional, system, integration, user acceptance, business process. QA associate is fully accountable for the successful execution of the test plan; personally committed to quality and support of the broader project team. Understands the business need or problem that the project is solving. Ensures the overall testing effort supports those objectives.
- Builds a partnership with shared services team members as well as the business.
- Demonstrates mastery and command for designing & utilizing ""in house"" test harnesses; maximizing coverage and minimizing risk.
- Able to act as a QA Coordinator, ensuring tight collaboration across QA team members. Acts as the single owner for QA project success.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent experience of 6 to 7 years.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Assurance, Business Analysis, Software Testing or Technical Support experience.
- Experience writing and executing test plans for highly integrated projects; including customer-facing tests as well as backend systems.
- Strong understanding of QA's and BA's BDM lifecycle requirements. Able to read and interpret all requirements and design documentation; building corresponding test cases that support a quality delivery. Provides input to the production design, ensuring that it satisfies all customer requirements. Identifies and develops the best test strategy based on the needs of the project and ensures all deliverables are aligned to meet that strategy.
- Thoroughly understands the application from the customer business process point of view. Is able to build and execute positive and negative test cases based on business scenarios and/or use cases.
- Communicates effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an external and internal customer focus in all interactions. Influences others to ensure quality deliverables are received from dependent stakeholders.
- Understands the relationships between ""owned"" components and those with which they interface. Capable of assisting with cross-component dependency analysis.
- Manages data accuracy for all deliverables within the QA test repository.
- Assesses the impact of all production changes, whether full project deployments or defect fixes. Appropriately communicates risks and outlines mitigation plans.
- Experience designing and interpreting process maps, root cause analysis, and other process improvement activities.
- Experience in business analysis, including writing requirements.
- Experience using a Play/Record automation tool such as Test Complete, QuickTestPro, or similar automation tools.
- Experience using HP Quality Center or equivalent test tools.
- Experience with creating, maintaining, and executing automated tests.
- Experience in business analysis, including writing use cases and business scenarios.
- Project management experience
- Technical experience with system design and development.
- Strong data skill set -- plus if MDM experience.