MUST BE AUTHORIZED FOR WORK IN THE US. SORRY NO VISA TRANSFERS AT THIS TIME.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
KORE1, a nationwide provider of staffing and recruiting solutions, has an immediate opening for Sr. Python Engineer: App Dev/Infrastructure for NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT; Tornado/asynchronous API dev, PHP, Angular/React, MySQL/Postgres, Cloud/DevOps a +
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to design, implement, test, and optimize with a high degree of autonomy and an emphasis on tangible results.
You'll be joining our on-premise team and working on bringing our cloud based SaaS offering to an on-premise appliance. You'll also research new technologies to improve existing systems and design new ones.
If you love Python like a dog loves a bone and you speak fluent virtualization, we want you on our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop highly-scalable RESTful APIs
- Provide expertise on reliability and performance challenges
- Thrive in a rapid development environment with an intense focus on quality
- Have an allergic reaction to the words "defer" and "works on my box"
- Be a strong team player and work well within a diverse, cross-functional team
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Over 5 years of software development experience on a Unix-like system
- Mastery of Python for application and infrastructure development. Any framework works, but we like Tornado. (Twister, Flask, or others welcome though).
- A passion for asychronous API development with Python (Tornado)
- Experience with database administration and design (we use MySQL but like Postgres too)
- SDLC, source control, unit testing, agile development methodologies
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Must have a passion for your work and an ability to apply that passion to both daily tasks and larger projects
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Takes initiative and approaches all tasks and projects proactively
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
ABOVE AND BEYOND:
- Experience with VMware APIs
- Experience architecting, designing, and programming applications in Cloud environment (e.g.: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure; AWS is more our jam, but Azure experience is a plus too)
- Deploy and manage virtualized and/or containerized workloads in development through production (e.g.: Vagrant, Docker)
- Experience with Continuous Integration preferred (Jenkins, TravisCI, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience with migrating existing application to Microservices architecture.
- Experience administering production linux environment (we use CentOS, but like Ubuntu too)
- Experience with cybersecurity concepts
- A Github account with a great project or recent open source project contributions
- Understanding of content delivery network's role in edge caching and end user performance experience
- Understanding of DNS
- Understanding of certificate generation and pinning
- Experience with at least one server-side technology – Python, PHP, .NET, Go (We use PHP)
- Experience with Laravel or Lumen (We use Laravel)
Specializing in creative and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT and Creative professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.