Sr Python Engineer
A prominent, data based global technology firm is currently seeking a Sr Python Engineer to join their team in New York. This tech company has multiple focuses, the main one being the creation of one of the world's most widely utilized financial software applications. In this role you will work in a small, dynamic team with some of New York City's top engineers, to solve very unique, large scale challenges. Their systems are very large and highly distributed, and engineers are always looking for creative solutions to solve problems, including employing a variety of modern programming languages, open source and big data technologies, as well as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
Not only can you grow professionally in this company but they have an excellent engineering culture, work/life balance, and great benefits. The company is also very philanthropic; many employees give back to the community and the company also donates a significant portion of their profits to philanthropy. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for the next step in their career and for a work place they can call home.
- Design and develop highly scalable, fault tolerant solutions
- Understand and enforce the right balance between innovation, experimentation, and delivering completed features to production in a timely manner
- Understand the core business and apply the technologies to other use cases that drive the client facing business
- 3+ years of extensive Python development experience, including writing idiomatic code, large scale project organization and unit testing
- 3+ years of experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
- Stellar problem solving & communication skills and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
- Experience with compiled languages such as C, C++ or Java
- Working knowledge of development tools such as debuggers, memory profilers, and performance measurement
- Relational database experience (SQL and table design)
- Experience with low-latency, high-volume, and highly-availability distributed systems