ECS is seeking a senior level Python Developer to assist with developing modern, state-of-the-art on premise and cloud-based analytics solutions, incorporating geospatial and big data to solve complex business operations challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-term opportunity with competitive salary and great benefits.
As a lead on technical projects, you enjoy working with business customers to design solutions and lead analysts and developers through iterative development cycles. You understand the importance of following best practices as you lead and develop code, test, debug, and deploy features and capabilities. You are a critical thinker, motivated, and have a passion to lead from the front and guide others. You think outside the box and enjoy researching and proposing innovative ideas. You are articulate and possess excellent presentation skills, capable of sharing ideas and concepts to business and technical staff alike.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Geography or related field.
- 5+ years' experience with enterprise software development using Python (2.x and 3.x)
- Multithreading, asynchronous, server pool environments
- Python frameworks such as Flask, Django, or Tornado
- Knowledge of and experience developing web services using RESTful APIs, XML, SOAP, or JSON
- Database and SQL experience (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience working in Linux environments and basic shell scripting; job scheduling and workload automation
- Agile work environment (Scrum, Lean).
- Experience with AWS technology and services such as API Gateway, S2, Lambda, EC2, Elasticsearch, Kinesis
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couch DB, or DynamoDB
- Functional programming experience
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- GIS knowledge and experience using products such as Esri ArcGIS software Suite, Google Maps, open source GIS, or routing technologies.