Details: A Sr. PCB Designer job in Scottsdale, AZ is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for design and layout of PCB’s and schematics using Mentor Graphics tools (Expedition, DX Designer). To be considered for this role, you will have a High School diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of 10 year of relevant experience. Experience working high-reliability circuit board design is strongly preferred. Due to the nature of the work performed within this facility US citizenship is required.
Sr. PCB Designer Job duties:
• Detailed development and documentation of complex printed circuit boards conforming to applicable IPC and industry standards – multi-layered/SMT & TH boards.
• Work from preliminary schematics, parts lists, and basic functional description as provided by the design team.
• Complete placement and layout of PCB designs using Mentor Graphics.
• Perform other E-CAD functions including schematic capture, mechanical footprints, parts library management compliance, and board revisions as needed.
• Projects include: Layout of Mil-spec, power-supply, and control PCB’s for cutting-edge Space/Satellite & Ground Communications systems technology that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services.
• IPC Certification of CID/CID+ strongly preferred.
• Experience with high density layout and multilayer boards, controlled impedance traces, RF transmission lines, etched antennas, grounding techniques, high speed digital, BGA’s, power supplies, etc.
• Technical understanding of electrical and mechanical aspects of printed circuit board design, fabrication, and assembly.
• Experience with parts nomenclature, part number structure, and the revision process for PCB assemblies.