Leads all functional supply management actions for procured materials and services. Manages the procurement process functions of request for proposal; and, negotiation or administration of purchase orders for materials, supplies, capital equipment, tools, construction and services. Oversees policies and procedures to ensure procurement compliance with the prime contract, all applicable laws and regulations. Teams with cross-functional senior managers to establish common operational goals and performance objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates existing procurement processes against changing business needs and develops vision and path to achieve successful implementation
- Identifies leads and manages the execution of supply chain initiatives to increase business flexibility, responsiveness, efficiency and control of internal process variations. Establishes and leads eBusiness, Strategic Sourcing, and system automation strategies to reduce total cost of ownership
- Reviews and approves selected procurements for justification of source, reasonableness of price and conformance of requirements
- Oversees compliance with prime contract executive orders, public law, NNSA approved procedures, DEAR/FAR and appropriate supply chain management principles
- Supervises the negotiation of procurement transactions and investigation of procurement problems
- Teams with Senior Managers in Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Program Management, Facilities, Supply Chain Management Center and other appropriate Senior Manager to define, establish and prioritize common operational goals and determine recommended necessary action for improving customer service and conformance to requirements
- Visits supplier facilities to enhance business relationships and develop customer service objectives
- Assists in the development of procurement procedures, policies and practices to improve operational efficiencies
- Prepares and monitors budgets applicable to Purchasing Operations
- May perform other duties as required
- Directly supervises employees and performs other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- 10 or more years in purchasing field -- including at least 5 years in a supervisory or management role
- Knowledge of supply chain functions (purchasing, materials, manufacturing, logistics).
- Commercial and government procurement background
- Experience administering procurement contracts and influencing the establishment of contract parameters.
- Knowledge of business metrics
- Experience driving improvements
- Demonstrated ability to identify, initiate, and execute innovative supply chain best practices
- Highly effective organizational, interpersonal, communication and team leadership skills.
- History of exhibiting a bias for action while maintaining exceptional customer service.