The Senior Proposal Specialist/Proposal Manager executes the proposal strategy and manages the preparation and submission of all proposal and/or response materials while ensuring complete adherence to all federal, state and local district requirements, as well as HMH policies and procedures. The Senior Proposal Specialist must advise and recommend on how to best execute proposed strategies. Senior Proposal Specialist takes ownership of all RFP requirements and subsequent proposal deliverables, from receipt of the RFP through proposal completion and award follow-up.
- Senior Proposal Specialist/Proposal Manager serves as a project manager to determine, direct and coordinate the activities to successfully prepare and submit the assigned proposal opportunities. Assigned activities will include: analysis of RFP identifying critical criteria and recommendations, articulate and share information regarding timeline, deliverables and terms and conditions required to successfully bid. Activities will include: working with all levels of Sales and Product Management and Strategy teams, as well as Legal and Finance, as necessary.
- Conducts Discussion and Launch calls to determine BID/NO BID decision and reposes information to inform trend reports. The Senior Proposal Specialist/Proposal Manager is also responsible for following up with Sales on awards.
- Ensures that all RFP requirements, including contracts are vetted through the Bids & Contracts and/or Legal as necessary for any special terms or conditions. Ensures final execution of final proposals and contract documents and recording of contract terms in company databases, i.e., SFDC and archival of final proposals and executed contracts according to company policy.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Other projects as assigned
- Working understanding of contract law, This includes the ability to understand contract terms and conditions, and their legal implications for creating HMH contracts.
- Must be able to gather, analyze, summarize and prepare recommendations related to regulatory requirements for assigned opportunities.
- Ability to develop workflows to meet deadlines, flexibility, ability to organize and shift priorities as necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills to develop schedules and project plans to meet in-hand dates.
- SFDC, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Professional
Education & Experience:
BA/BS 5-7 years of experience in Proposal Management Knowledge
Expertise on law governing contract drafting and management is necessary and should be equipped to converse in the legislative and industrial aspect of RFPs and proposals in a timely and professional fashion
Excellent management and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work as an individual contributor and team player
Experience in K-12 education (preferred)
Knowledge of Digital Curriculum, Learning Management Systems, smart devices (preferred)
APMP or PMP certification, helpful.
Working knowledge of SFDC
Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to collaborate with colleagues