Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for leading Competitive proposal response development teams for assigned proposals, responding to all proposal and customer requirements, meeting scheduledeadlines, and achieving performance and quality objectives in accordance with all proposal processes. Work with and supportinternal coordinator, writer, editor, graphics, and pricing team members as well as company stakeholders and leadership throughout the proposal lifecycle. Work with external large and small business partners. Ensure all proposals are 100% compliant with RFP requirements. Manages large, highly complex strategic U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) proposals often in excess of $100M in value to CAE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible and accountable for the planning, development, validation, and delivery of complete proposals (typically those with high risk and/or complexity). Includes technical solution, execution strategy, schedule, cost, price and all deliverable documentation
- Supports the Capture Manager in defining customer requirements and developing a response that meets the execution strategy, schedule, and price
- Mentors less experienced Proposal Managers on proposals
- Interfaces with Business Development, Capture Management, Engineering, Program Management, Contracts, Security, Supply Chain, and other stakeholders for proposal-related activities and to communicate proposal scope of work
- Leads the proposal team through the proposal process from pre- Request for Proposal (RFP), Fair Opportunity Proposal Request (FOPR), or Request for Solution (RFS) proposal preparation to receipt of the RFP to delivery of the proposal. Also participates in post-submittal lessons learned analysis.
- Reviews and interprets the RFP to determine customer requirements in order to develop a compliant response
- Devises plans to ensure proposals are executed in the timeframe available including the development of an effective proposal execution schedule
- Develops document outlines, compliance matrices, writing assignments, and templates in accordance with the RFP
- Leads assigned Proposal Writers, Coordinators, Editors, Graphics, and Production personnel, providing tasking and reviewing outputs
- Coordinates the review of all proposal deliverables, including color-team reviews of proposal volumes and cost reviews in accordance with company proposal processes
- Provides effective management to ensure timely delivery of assigned proposals
- Interfaces with Capture Managers to address programmatic requirements and generate proposal schedule
- Creates, populates, and updates Proposal Management information on the Proposal Management SharePoint site. Ensures proposal tracking tools such as Salesforce . com are accurate and regularly updated.
- Effectively manages documents using Microsoft Word, including revision tracking, comments, and other Word skills
- Support other proposal efforts as color team reviewer, volume lead, etc.
- For small proposals, may perform multiple proposal roles such as Coordinator, Writer, etc.
- May support the generation of Request For Quotations (RFQs) to major suppliers and subcontractors (SOWs, Specs, etc.)
- May support sole-source government proposals when required, ensuring FAR 15 compliance
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, English, Communication, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of proposal management experience with US DoD proposals
- Experience with multiple US Government competitive procurement approaches and regulations (such as FAR 15, FAR 16, OTAs, CSOs; RFP, FOPR, ITO, RFS)
- Experience following proposal processes modeled on Shipley best practices
- Demonstrated experience managing all volumes of a typical DoD proposal
- Ability to successfully lead teams in a volatile and dynamic environment
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and breakdown complex, high-tech systems
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Results-oriented, innovative, and creative
- Good organizational skills and business acumen
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while remaining customer focused
- Excellent decision making and negotiation skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Experience using SharePoint and other proposal management software tools
- Ability to learn and use new technologies that support proposal lifecycles
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
- Support sole-source government proposals when required, ensuring FAR 15 compliance
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
- Solid understanding of military protocols and customs
- Previous experience/exposure to training, modeling and simulation, and cybersecurity proposals
- General knowledge of flight simulators and/or aircraft desired
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Salesforce highly desired
- Familiarity with Meridian, Visible Thread, and/or other similar proposal or data management software desired
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Must be able to work overtime as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster .
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.